No products in the cart.
Sumatra Ketambe is cultivated in the lush rainforest-clad highlands of the Aceh province on the northern tip of the Indonesian island of Sumatra. This exotic locale is the last place on earth where elephants, rhinos, tigers, clouded leopards and orangutans are found in one area. It also enjoys climate conditions and soil quality that are ideally suited to coffee cultivation.
The most recent harvest from the region is truly outstanding. This crop of exceptionally large beans offers the signature full body of a good Sumatra, along with an intense aroma of caramel and chocolate with hints of plum. We are very proud to offer this unique coffee as a part of our coffee menu.
These beans are handpicked when coffee cherries have ripened to a rich, deep red color. Coffee cherries produced in most regions are washed to remove fruity mucilage before drying. However, Sumatra Ketambe is processed differently, whole, unpeeled coffee cherries are raked out on a large patio to dry in the sun. The extended contact between beans and the outer cherry helps to develop their prized flavor and aroma.
Sumatra Ketambe is roasted to a dark color to further enhance the coffee’s natural body and smokiness.
- Tasting Notes: Co-op grown – raisin, clove, pepper, dark caramel and heavy.
- Variety: Catimor, Timtim
- Producer: Muai Natio
- Roast: Dark
- Elevation: 1000-1400 MASL
- Certifications: Direct Trade
The Coffee Pod Advantage
- 100% compostable pod and packaging
- Produced using 100% green electricity
- 100% high-grown Arabica coffee beans
- 11 grams per pod of coffee for a full-bodied, smooth taste
- Valuable nutrients return back to the soil when composted
1 box of 6 cartons of pods, with 16 pods per carton
|Dimensions||13 × 9 × 9 in|