The ECM Classika PID Espresso Machine is an exceptional addition to any coffee connoisseur's kitchen. This machine features advanced temperature and steam control capabilities, ensuring a perfect espresso shot each and every time. The stainless steel construction is both strong and durable, and the sleek design is the perfect fit for any modern kitchen. Craft the perfect espresso from the comfort of your own home.
Single boiler system:
- Stainless steel boiler – The boiler is made of stainless steel which is less susceptible to limescale. Typically stainless steel boilers do not retain their heat as well as copper or brass boilers. This machine compensates for that by being wrapped with insulation.
- Short heat-up time – Approximately 20 minutes which is faster when compared to a heat exchange system.
E-61 group head:
- Constantly heated – Hot water circulates from the heat exchanger through the group head and back to keep the group head and your portafilter nice and hot. This keeps the group head at a constant, stable temperature compared to other group heads that have a built-in heating element.
- Pre-infusion – The lever next to the group head activates a microswitch which turns on the pump to pump water through the coffee grinds. When you pull the lever halfway up, it will open the valve to allow water into the group head without activating the pump.
PID controls / pressure gauge:
- PID temperature programming – This comes with an upgrade gray PID Display. This allows you to program the boiler temperature for different coffee blends.
- Pressure gauge – Measures pump/brew pressure (0 – 16 bar) and should only be looked at while extracting espresso or adjusting the OPV with a blind filter in the portafilter inserted into the group head. This gauge has no meaning at any other time.
- Efficient – 41 watts, rated up to 15 bar with air valve bypass. You only need 9 bar to extract perfect espresso, and wattage has no correlation to longevity.
- Cost-effective – Pumps will degrade in performance over time. Replacing a vibration pump will cost less than a rotary vane pump.
Steam / hot water wand:
- Rotational knob – Allows for easier control of the intensity.
- Multi-directional – Allows for more movement and flexibility
- 2-hole steam tip – Allows for a slow gradual build-up of microfoam.
- The grip on the wand protects your fingers from heat while the full-size steam wand allows greater steam power over a no-burn wand.
- Stainless steel body: Polished to a mirror finish. Black enamel-painted steel frame.
- Passive cup warmer on the top: Heat from the boiler rises and heats the top panel. Just like other espresso machines, it can take up to two hours to preheat your cups. Therefore, it is better to flash heat the cups from hot water from the group head or steam/water wand.
- Three-way solenoid valve: Allows quick removal of portafilter after the espresso extraction and immediately prepare for the next extraction.
- OPV (over pressure valve): Easily adjustable. Located underneath the cup warmer tray (8.5 – 12 bar).
- Rocker switches and indicator lights: For the “On/Off” function and for steam and hot water.
2 Year limited warranty
|Boiler capacity (liters)||
|Portafilter size (mm)||
|Tank capacity (liters)||
|Country of manufacture||
Assembled in Milan, Italy, Designed in Germany